*** There will be no religious education classes Dec. 17, 24 or 31, and no Children’s Chapel on Dec. 17. Classes will resume on January 7. There will be nursery and Prek care available on Dec. 17 and 31. Regular schedules for these groups will resume on January 7.***
Live Oak offers a full spectrum of Faith Formation for our children, youth and adults. Many members volunteer to make classes possible.
To register youth children or youth, please use the link below:
To provide a religious education program that
- builds an affirming and loving community among children and adults;
- teaches Unitarian Universalist values and history, and respect for the values and traditions of others;
- fosters cooperation rather than competition; and
- encourages a spirit of inquiry in all facets of life.
At Live Oak Unitarian Universalist Church, we work together as a community to raise our children in a positive, inclusive, and respectful way. There are four core elements that make up our Children’s Religious Education Program. These are:
- Worship is a vital part of each Sunday; we all join together in the sanctuary for all ages worship service at 9:00 am and 11:00 am.
- Faith Development through Education; we learn about Unitarian Universalism and also explore other faith traditions in our classes.
- Social Action and Justice awareness is how we live our Faith.
- Community is essential as children, youth, and adults form strong friendships when they come to church regularly and get involved.
Living our faith is a part of who we are; we try to find ways in our classes, our program, and our community to help others and set a positive example. We hope you will join us!
Getting children to and from their classes –Drop off between 10:00 – 10:05 AM and sign in on attendance sheet
- The Pre-K Children: Go directly to Room 107 with parents
- Middle School & High School Youth go directly to their rooms: HS: Room 201 MS: Room 208
- Elementary Children: Meet teachers in Fellowship Hall by the brick pillars at 10:00 am. Teachers will check you in to facilitate getting to class quickly.
- Classes start at 10:05 a.m.
- Pick up after class is 10:50 – 10:55. By 11:00 am, elementary children will be escorted to Room 106 to wait for their parents. This will allow our teachers to get to the worship service.
- Middle and High School youth will be able to leave their classes and meet parents on their own. You may want to arrange a meeting point if you haven’t already established one,
For more information
For more information, please visit the page for your child’s age group or contact our Director of Lifespan Faith Development.