Live Oak offers a full spectrum of Faith Formation for our children, youth and adults. Many members volunteer to make classes possible.
Summer 2018 Schedule
Worship begins at 10 a.m. followed by Religious Education from 11:00 to 11:55 AM. Attendees should gather in Fellowship Hall by sign-in table by 11:00 to be led to class for the day. Parents or guardians must remain on site during religious education classes.
2018-2019 Registration will open in August. Please follow the link on the homepage to register you child or youth after August 1.
To provide a religious education program that:
- builds an affirming and loving community among children and adults;
- teaches Unitarian Universalist values and history, and respect for the values and traditions of others;
- fosters cooperation rather than competition; and
- encourages a spirit of inquiry in all facets of life.
At Live Oak Unitarian Universalist Church, we work together as a community to raise our children in a positive, inclusive, and respectful way. There are four core elements that make up our Children’s Religious Education Program. These are:
- Worship is a vital part of each Sunday; we all join together in the sanctuary for all ages worship service at 9:00 am and 11:00 am. (See summer info above)
- Faith Development through Education; we learn about Unitarian Universalism and also explore other faith traditions in our classes.
- Social Action and Justice awareness is how we live our Faith.
- Community is essential as children, youth, and adults form strong friendships when they come to church regularly and get involved.
Living our faith is a part of who we are; we try to find ways in our classes, our program, and our community to help others and set a positive example. We hope you will join us!
Getting children to and from their classes –Drop off between 10:00 – 10:05 AM and sign in on attendance sheet (See summer info above)
- The Pre-K Children: Go directly to Room 107 with parents
- Middle School & High School Youth go directly to their rooms: HS: Room 201 MS: Room 208
- Elementary Children: Meet teachers in Fellowship Hall by the brick pillars at 10:00 am. Teachers will check you in to facilitate getting to class quickly.
- Classes start at 10:05 a.m.
- Pick up after class is 10:50 – 10:55. By 11:00 am, elementary children will be escorted to the fellowship hall to wait for their parents. This will allow our teachers to get to the worship service.
- Middle and High School youth will be able to leave their classes and meet parents on their own. You may want to arrange a meeting point if you haven’t already established one
For more information
For more information, please visit the page for your child’s age group or contact our Director of Lifespan Faith Development.