Live Oak offers a full spectrum of Faith Development for our children, youth and adults. Join us this year as we go deep into our Seven Principles as the theme for worship and faith development.
New families, please follow the link on the right sidebar to register your child or youth for the 2019-20 year. If you were registered last year and have misplaced your emailed link, please contact the DLFD. Registered families will be added to communication email lists for our different age groupings, and receive first notification of special class offerings.
To provide a faith development program that fulfills our Live Oak Mission:
Embrace Joy, Enrich Connection, Encourage Growth and Empower Dreams
We gather each week with the purpose to:
- build an affirming and loving community among children and adults;
- teach Unitarian Universalist values, history, and theological concepts;
- encourage a spirit of inquiry in all facets of life; and
- allow space for personal and communal learning and growth.
Sunday Classes for Children and Youth
At Live Oak Unitarian Universalist Church, we work together as a community to raise our children in a positive, inclusive, and respectful way. There are four core elements that make up our Children’s Religious Education Program. These are:
- Worship is a vital part of each Sunday; we all join together in the sanctuary for all ages worship service at 9:00 am and 11:00 am.
- Faith Development through Education; we learn about Unitarian Universalism and also explore other faith traditions in our classes.
- Social Action and Justice awareness is how we live our Faith.
- Community is essential as children, youth, and adults form strong friendships when they come to church regularly and get involved.
Living our faith is a part of who we are; we try to find ways in our classes, our program, and our community to help others and set a positive example. We hope you will join us!
Getting children to and from their classes – Classes begin at 10:05 AM.
- The Pre-K Children: Parents take them directly to Room 107 and sign them in.
- Middle School & High School Youth go directly to their rooms.
HS: Room 209
MS: Room 208
- Elementary Children: Please take your children upstairs to sign them into their classrooms by 10:05 AM.
K/1: Room 201
2/3: Room 203
4/5: Room 206
- Classes start at 10:05 AM. If you arrive late, please note that class will have begun so enter the room quietly.
- Pick up after class is 10:50 – 10:55. Elementary children should be signed out by 10:55 at the latest so our teachers may get to the worship service.
- Middle and High School youth may leave their classes and meet parents on their own. You may want to arrange a meeting point if you haven’t already established one.
For more information
For more information, please visit the page for your child’s age group or contact our Director of Lifespan Faith Development.