Live Oak offers a full spectrum of Faith Development for our children, youth and adults. Many members volunteer to make classes possible. You can find information for each age group in the list on the left of this page.
Please follow the link on the right sidebar to register your child or youth for the 2018-2019 year. Registered families will be added to communication email lists for our different age groupings, and receive first notification of special class offerings.
To provide a faith development program that fulfills our Live Oak Mission:
Embrace Joy, Enrich Connection, Encourage Growth and Empower Dreams
We gather each week with the purpose to:
- build an affirming and loving community among children and adults;
- teach Unitarian Universalist values, history, and theological concepts;
- encourage a spirit of inquiry in all facets of life; and
- allow space for personal and communal learning and growth.
Sunday Classes for Children and Youth
At Live Oak Unitarian Universalist Church, we work together as a community to raise our children in a positive, inclusive, and respectful way. There are four core elements that make up our Children’s Religious Education Program. These are:
- Worship is a vital part of each Sunday; we all join together in the sanctuary for all ages worship service at 9:00 am and 11:00 am. (See summer info above)
- Faith Development through Education; we learn about Unitarian Universalism and also explore other faith traditions in our classes.
- Social Action and Justice awareness is how we live our Faith.
- Community is essential as children, youth, and adults form strong friendships when they come to church regularly and get involved.
Living our faith is a part of who we are; we try to find ways in our classes, our program, and our community to help others and set a positive example. We hope you will join us!
Getting children to and from their classes –Drop off between 10:00 – 10:05 AM and sign in on attendance sheet (See summer info above)
- The Pre-K Children: Parents take them directly to Room 107 and sign them in.
- Middle School & High School Youth go directly to their rooms: HS: Room 209 MS: Room 208
- Elementary Children: Meet teachers in Fellowship Hall near the brick pillars at 10:00 am. Teachers will check you in to facilitate getting to class quickly.
- Classes start at 10:05 a.m.
- Pick up after class is 10:50 – 10:55. By 11:00 am, elementary children will be escorted to the fellowship hall to meet their parents. This will allow our teachers to get to the worship service.
- Middle and High School youth will be able to leave their classes and meet parents on their own. You may want to arrange a meeting point if you haven’t already established one.
For more information
For more information, please visit the page for your child’s age group or contact our Director of Lifespan Faith Development.