Totally Rad 2019 Service Auction
What: Live Oak UU’s totally tubular (1980’s themed) 2019 Service Auction
When: APRIL 27TH AT 6PM
Goal: To out-raise 2018 by $4K, with 30% going to charity; total = $12K
- Items must be submitted between March 3rd and April 14th
- Auction Date April 27, 6:00-9:00pm at Live Oak, in the Fellowship Hall
- Food and beverages provided
- CHILDCARE AVAILABLE
- Committee Chairs: Nick Pritchard, Alyssa Goss, and Roberta Kaplan
Can’t think of something to offer?
Check out our brainstorming list. And remember
service auctions are also about community.
Kids are welcome to donate, too.
- Home repairs
- Technology/Computer help
- Yard work or landscaping (garden prep/mowing/weeding)
- Painting a room
- Home makeover or house cleaning on steroids:
- Clean out fridge
- Heavy lifting
- Use of a truck
- Dog care: wash/groom/walk
- Car detailing
- Rides to and/or from airport
- Flower arranging
- Gift wrapping for special occasions
- Brownies provided with a song for a special someone
- Your Talent
- Your Hobby
- Your professional expertise
- Lead a hike with your expert knowledge (bird watching, flora & fauna)
- Picnic and canoe/kayak/raft/sail
- Vacation Home Usage
- Fishing expedition
- Theme dinners/special dinners/”cater” a meal
- Country picnic plus outside games
- Wine/beer tasting
- Pool party
Be specific in describing your donation: include dates and times. If it involves time like yard work, be specific as to how much time you’re willing to spend doing it. Painting? Are you willing to move furniture or not, are you willing to put on a ‘prep’ coat first? We don’t want any confusion or grumbling! Include minimum bid.
Silent Auction Items
- Do you have some treasures around the house that are taking up space? Donate them!
- Too big to bring? Bring a picture.